A limited number of participation grants ($250 (USD) for four students) are available for students attending the conference to present a paper to the main conference track, or to a demo or to the Doctoral Symposium. Three awards will be sponsored by the IEEE COMSOC and the rest by our generous sponsors.
The grant decision will be made based on merit, awarded to high-quality papers and demos from among the pool of applicants according to the following and IEEE COMSOC policies.
To qualify for the grant, the applicant must:
- Be a full-time student registered toward a Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. degree in engineering or a related field in a college or university when submitting the application (for authors presenting at the main conference track or demo session)
- Be a full-time student registered toward a Ph.D. degree in engineering or a related field in a college or university when submitting the application (for authors presenting at the Doctoral Symposium)
- Have an accepted paper in the main conference track, or a demo during the demo session, or a Ph.D. paper in the Doctoral Symposium,
- Attend the conference with student/full registration,
- Be a student member of ComSoc when submitting the application (only applicable for the COMSOC awardee candidates),
- Not receive more than one Student Travel Grant in any 12-month period.
More information about the IEEE COMSOC student travel grants (STGs) can be found at http://www.comsoc.org/about/memberprograms/travelgrants.
If you are the eligible author of an accepted paper, please send via email the following files in a zip file to apply for the SPG by November 6, 2020; please include “NFV-SDN’20 SPG-Application” in the subject line of your email.
- CV/Resume (it should include your student status)
- A signed reference letter from your advisor (it should at least verify your student status, e.g., the degree you are seeking, what year you are, etc.)
- Your statement explaining the need for the STP and your written affirmation that you did not receive more than one STP or STG in any 12-month period from IEEE COMSOC
- Proof of your IEEE and COMSOC society memberships as a student (only applicable for the COMSOC awardee candidates),
- Proof that you will attend the conference (registration, travel arrangements) to present your paper
- The choice to be considered for the award by the COMSOC, sponsors, or both. If COMSOC is not desired, then IEEE membership is not required.
If you are the eligible author of an accepted technical paper, please send the above information to the TPC chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are the eligible author of an accepted demo paper, please send the above information to the demo chairs.
If you are the eligible author of an accepted Ph.D. paper, please send the above information to the Doctoral Symposium chairs.
The travel grant award decisions will be announced to the students during the conference.